Monday, April 29, 2013

The Girl, Part 3

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

I was pretty much seeing her exclusively during this time. I did meet up with a couple of other girls, but of course nothing came of any of them. Meanwhile, the girl was wanting to move things along pretty quickly. She started dropping the "L" word in no time at all, spent quite a bit of time at my flat, and even dropped hints of marriage and starting a family.

I, of course, wasn't quite ready to commit to such things. However, Ukrainian women have a way of getting their hooks into you. Really, it doesn't take much to keep me happy. Keeping the food and the sex flowing freely was having its effect on me, and before long, I started dropping the "L" word back to her (yeah, I know, shame on me).

Apparently, good things come in small doses. Just as quick as it all started, it ended. She started talking less and less, and her visits become much more infrequent. Several small gifts I gave her went pretty much unnoticed, with a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates almost registering a sneer on her face on her last visit. Her time at my flat was largely spent talking to friends on the phone and on the computer, only taking breaks for coffee or sex.

After getting into an argument the other night, we went our separate ways. I just informed her tonight that it's over, and I don't feel good about it at all. Dumping someone is not easier than being dumped, even if things were rushing along faster than I liked. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment