Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Tale of Two Zs

I haven't posted much within the last month. Sorry about that. Real life has gotten in the way, though. And what I mean by real life, is dealing with women. I really didn't mean this blog to turn into a recording of my sexual exploits, but that's what it's turned out to be. This shouldn't be surprise to anyone, considering why most men come to Ukraine to begin with.

As anyone who has been reading this blog frequently should recall, my first girlfriend here was named Z. The next two most serious women that came along are named...well, Z also. While Slavic women don't tend to have many variations in names, I didn't think that this particular name would be my "lucky number".

I met Z2 in the normal way that I meet women here: on an online dating site. We talked for a while, but couldn't manage to meet, as she was busy going on vacations and work related assignments (she's a well known journalist in my city). After about a month or so of talking, we managed to meet up several times, and she made my stay here a lot more interesting.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. "How can any one woman make your stay more interesting?" No, it wasn't due to her being good in the sack (actually, she's just ok, which honestly isn't saying much, considering my experience here so far). She actually managed to show me around quite a bit of the city, particularly several historical sites. Being an ardent student of history, that caught my intention.

What also helped was the fact that she's a fan of a certain British sci-fi show, and that she knows English fairly well. We spent plenty of nights holed up in my flat, watching episode after episode of this very long running series. While we were both realling digging each other, and had plenty in common, something was still off regarding wanting to go long term with her. We both eventually decided to remain as friends.

So, enter Z3. She's a Ukrainian born half-gypsy artist, who lived in Spain for 6 years and just recently returned home. I met her in the standard way, and met her in person pretty quickly. With her, there was instant chemistry. Her English isn't very good, but she knows some, and actually speaks Spanish very well. We communicate in what has become a pretty unique mixture of English, Spanish, and Russian.

I only met her a week ago, and we've already become a constant fixture to each other. There's definitely more chemistry with her than anyone else I've met here, and it looks like my stories of sexual exploits are going to be on hold. At least for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment