Friday, April 12, 2013

The Girl, Part 2

Something I didn't really expect with this girl was any kind of prolonged meeting. I thought she might be a flash in the pan, something that petered out as quickly as it started. That wasn't the case. After the second meeting, we spent more time talking online, and before I knew it, she was coming over to my old Soviet-era flat located in the heart of the city.

What was supposed to be one night turned into four. She stayed over the night, and then neither of us wanted to part aftwards. So she kept staying, until she spent most of the week at my house, venturing home only once during this time to check on her pet rabbits.

Meanwhile, she cooked for me for every meal. For breakfast, she made an omelet. For lunch, open faced sandwiches, with unsliced cheese and cold cuts. For dinner, more traditional Ukrainian food. The first day she was in my apartment, I left for work, and came back to find she had cleaned the place from ceiling to floor, and had dinner cooking for me. This cycle continued for several very enjoyable days.

Finally, on a Saturday afternoon, she went home, leaving my to my own devices again, but with a stocked refrigerator. She hasn't been back over since, due to having extensive dental work done, but she'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment