Sunday, March 23, 2014

As Time Passes

Oh dear, it looks like I've been neglecting my blog again. I just haven't had much time or inclination for updates, as things have been relatively boring. For the most part.

On the political front, things had been heating up here in my city, with daily demonstrations, most of which were pro-Russian, and even including a few spots of violence, which I thankfully missed. The demonstrations seem to have died down the last few days, although a large one briefly passed by my work on the way to storm a government building close by. I haven't checked the news, but I imagine that they didn't get too far, as the building has been constantly guarded by several large trucks blocking the entrance, and a solid line of police in riot gear covering the doors, only breaking apart to let authorized people in and out of the building.

On the personal front, I went back to my original city a couple of weeks ago to spend the week with my girlfriend and her mother, and then came back to my current city with the girlfriend in tow. She's currently staying with family here, and if this week is any indication, will probably spend the weekends with me. As I'm currently sharing an apartment with a roommate, this will save me from a full-time-girlfriend living situation for the time being. Who knows how long this arrangement will, last, though, as I do have plans to get my own apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment