Monday, May 13, 2013

Welcome to Ukraine

Sundays are usually good days for me, as that is my one full day off from work. Unfortunately, last Sunday was not. Sometime on Saturday evening, one of the water pipes in my fourth floor flat decided to start leaking, with little visible evidence in my apartment outside of a little water in the bathroom floor. It wasn't very much water, so I was sure that it was just some water that escaped the confines of the shower while I was taking one. I was sorely mistaken.

Sunday afternoon, the people in the flat below mine came pounding on my door. Apparently, they had just returned home from spending the holidays out of town, and found their kitchen flooded. They were certain to show me what happened, and then proceeded to scour my own flat looking for the cause of the issue. After a while, we discovered that the pipe that was leaking was located underneath my kitchen sink, and apparently almost all of the water was escaping my own flat through a hole in the wall, which is why I never noticed it.

After calling my landlord and having someone come over to fix it, we got the problem resolved, but it sure wasn't fun having to deal with all of this on my Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment